Raw Cinnamon Scrolls
Well these are simply amazing! Hamish was taught how to make these over at The Tree of Life! They are simply RAWMAZING!
- 2-1/2 cups of almond pulp
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt/ himalayan crystal salt
- 3 cups of ground linseed ( you may or may not use all this whole amount)
- Olive oil/ Linseed oil
- 2 apples
- 6-8 dates soaked
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 cup of soaked cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essense
- 6 soaked dates
- Place almond pulp, vanilla and salt into a bowl and mix well.
- Start kneading the the dough adding a little bit of linseed and a dash of oil and knead. You will need to keep doing this – and you will noticed that the linseeds will release a sticky texture – this will help mix it together, the mixture will get thicker and thicker. Keep adding a little oil and a little linseed until the mixture is just like a dough. The consistency should be perfect for rolling out.
- Sprinkle a little of the ground linseed on a kitchen surface and place the dough out ready to roll.
- Roll the dough out until 1cm thick. 350mm x 350mm square piece and cut in half.
- Peel, core apples and dice.
- Place 6-8 soaked dates and cinnamon into blender with the splash of the water the dates have been soaked into until a smooth consistency.
- Mix apple and sauce in a bowl until well combined.
- Place the mixture in the middle of the two pices of dough and bring the dough up and over the top of the mixture – shaping the dough until it is a nice roll shape.
- Cut into small pieces about 2-3 cm think.
- Place all the cut pieces onto a dehydrator tray and dehydrate at 115C for 3 hours.
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender until thick and creamy.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to thicken
- Pour over your yummy cinnamon scrolls and enjoy