Raw Carrot Muffins or Cake!
This recipe is such a great one for using left over carrot pulp! and it is a great way to getting some veggies into the little ones! The frosting is also a great version as it only has dates as a natural sweetener! Hope you enjoy x Sarah
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup dates
- 2 cups carrot pulp OR grated raw carrots, or blend carrots in a food processor
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- a pinch of nutmeg
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup of cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours
- 6 pitted dates, also soaked for at least an hour
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of water
- Process the dates and walnuts in a food processor until crumb like.
- Add carrots ( these can be processed in a food processor or simply use 2 cups of carrot pulp – however try and remove as much of the moisture as you can by using a nut milk bag) cinnamon, and nutmeg. Process until dough like.
- Add raisins and pulse to combine.
- Place into muffin molds or a cake tin, and refrigerate for one hour.
- Place all ingredients in a high sped blender such as the Optimum 9400 and process until the mixture is smooth. Spread cream on cake or muffins and ENJOY! yummo! x