Raw Biscotti & Cashew Cream
This is one very yummy recipe that you can make – ready for when friends pop over for a cup of tea – you can impress them with your raw culinary skills 🙂
- 2 cups of almond meal ( save your almond meal from making almond milk by placing it in the freezer to keep until ready to use)
- 1 cup of walnuts ( crushed )
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 2 Tablespoons of all spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 Tablespoon of cinammon
- 1/2 cup of ground linseed’s
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 6 drops of hazelnut stevia – it gives a nice nutty flavor ( plain or flavored ) – you can purchase flavored stevia through The Raw Food Store
- Add all ingredients apart from the oil and linseed’s into a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add a little oil and linseed’s at a time kneading the mixture into a dough ( linseed’s will absorb the moisture and expand) – keep adding a little oil and little linseed’s at time and knead again – repeat until all the oil and linseed’s have been used.
- Shape the dough into a loaf and place on a chopping board which has been lined with ground linseed’s so the dough doesn’t stick.
- Form a square shape and cut into small squares.
- Dehydrate at 115C for three hours.
- Store refrigerated.
- 1 cup of soaked cashews
- Squeeze of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil
- Soak cashews for 2-3 hours, rinse and drain.
- Place all ingredients in a high powered blender until smooth.
- You may need to add a little water if the cashews get stuck in the blender to get it going until it is nice and creamy
- Place in the fridge for an hour until cream thickens and then onto biscotti, or serve with other raw dishes.