Chocolate Protein Energy Balls!
These little balls pack a punch of energy when needed, and most of all they are full of goodness and perfect for children as a lunchbox snack or afternoon snack! For toddlers and younger kids I recommend using Carob instead of cacao – read why here!
Chocolate Protein Energy Balls
- 1 cup of almonds or walnuts
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- 1/4 cup carob powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 drops of stevia (plain or flavoured) we used hazelnut stevia
- Processes walnuts in a food processor until crumb like
- In a bowl add the processed walnuts, hemp, chia, cocoa or carob, vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Add in tahini and stir evenly until sticky. If it’s not sticky enough to shape into balls, add a small amount of water until it is sticky enough to roll into balls.
- Roll in balls plain, or you can coat with coconut.
- Store in the fridge or freezer- if they last that long