Free RAW FOOD 4 KIDS e-book.
Yay! I am so glad I have put together this little taste tester to the upcoming RAW FOOD KIDS un cook book. I have picked 10 recipes that are easy to make, yummy and raw food recipes that the whole family can enjoy!
Did you know?
- 8% of Australian children are obese1
- 17% of Australian children are overweight2
- 1/3 of Australian children consume little or no fruit or vegetables3
- 78% of Australian children don’t meet the dietary guidelines for daily veggie intake4
- 39% of Australian children don’t meet the guidelines for daily fruit intake5
- There is a general decline in fruit consumption in Australian children between 2 – 11 years of age6
- 32% of Australian mums find it difficult to get their kids to eat fruit in their school lunches7
- Almost all parents have struggled with fussy eaters or busy lifestyles that make it hard to get all the recommended serves of fruits and vegetables into their kids, every single day.
With these alarming statistics I feel it is so important to start improving the health of our children. Where does this start? I feel it starts in the home, by cutting out all processed and packaged foods, and start by including whole cooked and Raw Live foods as much as you can!
Via Superfood for kids..
1-2: Productivity Commission Report Childhood Obesity: an Economic Perspective.
3: ‘School Child Nutrition’, prepared by the Department of Nutrition and Food Services Royal Children’s Hospital, Published by the Public Health Group, Victorian Department of Human Services
4-5: Australian National Children’s Nutrition and Physical Activity Survey 2007
6: ‘School Child Nutrition’, prepared by the Department of Nutrition and Food Services Royal Children’s Hospital, Published by the Public Health Group, Victorian Department of Human Services
7 Naturo Research Study, conducted by motherinc.com.au