Day 1 & Raw Chocolate Recipe
Day 1 and I am back to 100% RAW and it went off with a bang!
I didn’t have any real challenges today as we eat so much Raw Food at home it was probably not eating Issy’s left overs, she had some wraps for lunch with Raw Nutty Burgers.. which I need to replace with nori sheets from now on.. light bulb moment! But I did get stuck into making banana and veggie crackers this morning with Issy!
I tend to rush around alot and although I think I am aware of food choices sometimes just allowing myself to stop and just think about what our choices are can be a challenge! Even on my first day knowing that I can only eat RAW FOOD I am loving that I am challenging my thought process, I feel that its not only my body that is being rebooted during the 30 day RAW FOOD challenege it is going to be my mind and habits!
With all this yummy Raw Food we also managed a day at the beach!
Today’s food intake ALL RAW
Hot Lemon and Water
Breakfast : Green Smoothie
- Purple Curly Kale
- Chia Seed
- Coconut Water
Lunch: Fruit ( I grazed on fruit for most of the afternoon )
- Sun Warrior Protein Smoothie with Coconut Water and Banana and a splash of Almond Milk. This was simply the the best chocolate smoothie I have ever had!
Now there is a lot of debate in the Raw Community about Protein one of the most common question is “Where do you get your protein from?” Every food we eat has protein. This includes all fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, legumes and grains. I actually purchased this Sun Warrior All Raw Protein powder last week before I decided to go Raw again. I simply wanted to do an experiment on myself really – and that was to find out if maybe a little extra protein would make me feel different or give me a little more energy ( I am still breastfeeding Issy at 18 months so my body has been drained of a lot of nutrients ). Anyway it tasted AMAZING!!!!! how I feel I am yet to discover but I will let you know how I go over the next 30 days. I will also be doing a post over the next coming days on Protein sources in a Raw Diet – especially for kids!
- Veggie Crackers with Raw Macadamia Cheese
- Nutty Burger with Beetroot Salad ( see main image)
- Home made Raw Walnut Chocolate – Recipe Below.
RAW CHOCOLATE RECIPE
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Almond Butter
- 2-3 dates soaked in 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of Carob Powder
- 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
- Over hot water ( in a double container) place Coconut Oil, Almond Butter and soaked dates and stir to melt
- Add Carob Power and mix until smooth, then add nuts.
- Pour into molds and Freeze.