Raw Pop Corn Recipe
Pop Corn! Love it but we don’t make popping corn in this house anymore! And god help me I look at the ingredients in the microwave popcorn let alone the waves of destruction at a cellular level! Great article on why not to eat microwave popcorn!
BUT I HAVE THE SOLUTION! Wooo hooo RAW POP CORN! Yummmy! Issy finished off a whole bag!
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Nutritional yeast ( enough to coat all the cauliflower pieces)
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil
- Break the cauliflower up into small pieces. Note when dehydrating the cauliflower will shrink as the water content is removed, so dont break the cauliflower up too small otherwise you will get cauliflower crumbs not pop corn sizes!
- In a bowl coat the cauliflower with the coconut oil then with nutritional yeast ( use liberally if you want a cheesy flavour) and salt!
- place into the dehydrator for 6-8 hours at 115F.
- And enjoy yummm.
These are a great little snack as well the benefits of getting Nutritional yeast into your childs diet…
Benefits of Nutritional Yeast
Nutritional yeast provides great-taste and nutrition when added to a wide variety of foods and recipes. Makes a healthy delicious seasoning when sprinkled on most foods, especially salads, vegetables, potatoes, rice, pasta and even popcorn! Add to soups, dips, spreads, cereals, juices and smoothies for added flavor and nutrition. It’s “cheese-like” flavor makes it a great low-sodium, cholesterol-free, delicious, healthy addition to recipes and foods, and a great alternative to cheese.
Ingredients: Inactive dry yeast, niacin (B3), pyridoxine HCI (6), riboflavin (B2), thiamin HCI (B1), folic acid, vitamin B12. we stock Nutritional yeast over at The Raw Food Store