Raw Pasta and Pesto Sauce
I’m in love with raw pasta lately. I cant get enough of it, and love to mix it up with different sauces. This one was a winner, and was a bit of an experiment as we didn’t have any pine nuts so we we used a bag of pistachio nuts we had and it is delicious! Yumm yumm. I dont think this is a recipe kids will like as its rich! I have a great tomato based recipe for kids that we love in Raw Food 4 Kids!
To make raw pasta you will need a spiraliser! we stock them over at The Raw Food Store.
- 3-4 large Zucchinis Spiralised
- 1 cup of pine nuts ( we used 1 -1/2 cups of pistachios as we didnt have any pine puts)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic depending on taste
- 4 cups of basil leaves ( you could use any green here)
- Juice of two limes or lemons
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- To make the noddles cut one end off the zucchini and spiralise as per instructions.
- Place all pasta sauce ingredients into a high powered blender or food processor depending on texture ( we use the optimum blender) until the sauce is desire texture
- Pour sauce on top of the noddles and stir through! If you use the pistachio nuts. Note pest sauce is