Raw Chocolate Brownie with Cashew Chocolate Topping
This is actually an abridged version of my chocolate brownie recipe you can find in my book Raw Food 4 Kids!
It lasted all but 12 hours and it will simply raw knock your sock off! he he
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1 cup of dates
- 1/3 cup of dessicated coconut
- 4 Tablespoons of carob powder or cacao ( I use Carob if I’m making treats that Issy can eat)
- 4 tablespoons of coconut butter or cacao butter
- 3 drops of hazelnut stevia ( this is optional – I just love flavour of this stevia)
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/3 up of water
- Place almonds and walnuts in a food processor until crumb like
- Place all remaining ingredients except water and process, slowly add the water in until very sticky.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, and press the mixture into the base until firm.
- 4 tablespoons of cashew butter ( you can simply use cashews here) but I was feeling a little bit cheeky and used the yummy Raw Artisan cashew butter we sell on the store!
- 5 dates
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of water.
- pinch salt
- Place all ingredients in high powered blender until completely smooth. You may need to add a little more water if needed to make sure it’s really smooth.
- Pour the topping over the base and place in the freezer until set.
Slice up into small bars and simply ENJOY:)