Raw Buckwheat Granola Recipe
In the cooler months, I tend to skip my green smoothies for breakfast and opt for a raw granola. We have been making this recipe for years in our house, and I tend to make a large batch using over 1kg of Buckwheat as it will last in a sealed container for up to 2 months!
“But I don’t have dehydrator can I still make your recipes” YES! you can! You can use an oven instead of a dehdyrator – simply set it at the lowest temperature and leave the door slightly ajar using a spoon. We use this method when we travel. It is not RAW BUT it is still going to be a much better healthier option. I personally love my Excalibur dehydrator as it ensures all the enzymes and food remains in its raw state, and they can be affordable over at The Raw Food Store we sell a 4 tray for $279.00 It is a great size if your only going to use a dehydrator every now and then!
Raw Buckwheat Granola
Ingredients & Method
- 1kg of Buckwheat
- 150grams of almonds
Soak buckwheat and almonds over night covered in filtered water, draining in the morning.
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 1 tablespoon of Mesquite powder
- 1 teaspoon of Maca (optional )
- 1 teaspoon of Camu Camu
- Water of 1 young coconut or 1 cup of filtred water
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste
Place all ingredients in your Optimum Blender and blend until completely smooth. You may need to add a little more water if needed. You can basically add any superfood powder you like in this step. Ideas include spirulina powder, Super Green powders etc..
- Drain soaked buckwheat and almonds. Chopping almonds into small pieces.
- In a bowl mix the buckwheat, almonds and pureed mixture until coated evenly.
- Place onto parafelex sheets and into a dehydrator at 115F for 12 hours or until nice a dry.
- Shredded Coconut
- Goji berries
- Chia Seeds
We store our granola in our Jars and it will last for up to 2-3 months in the pantry!