Raw Bread Recipe
This is a little treat for subscribers only! A beautiful raw bread recipe which Hamish learnt at the Tree of Life. I have four versions of raw bread in Raw Food 4 Kids – however the difference with this one is that it uses all the left over almond pulp.
We bag our almond pulp up and place in the freezer until we have a bag full to make bread.
- 7 cups of almond pulp ( save your almond pulp daily and place it in the freezer to keep)
- 6 drops of hazelnut stevia – it gives a nice nutty flavor ( plain or flavored ) – you can purchase flavored stevia here
- 1/2 tablespoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of ground linseed’s
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- Add all ingredients apart from the oil and linseed’s into a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add a little oil and linseed’s at a time kneading into a dough ( linseed’s will absorb the moisture and expand) – keep adding a little oil and little linseed’s at time and knead again – repeat until all the oil and linseed’s have been used.
- Shape the dough into a loaf and place on a chopping board which has been lined with ground linseed’s so the dough doesn’t stick.
- Cut into bread slices 1/2 inch thick.
- Place on dehydrator sheets and dehydrate at 115C for three hours.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge, will store for up to one week.
I really hope you enjoy this raw bread. It takes all of 15-20 minutes to make and taste better than any conventional bread I have eaten.
If you don’t have a dehydrator you could use an oven on a low setting with the door open. I cant say it will be raw ( the investment in a dehydrator is something you will never regret) but its still going to be an amazing and healthy option than conventional bread.
Love Sarah, Hamish & Issy x
p.s this is little Issy having her raw bread with some avocado for lunch! You can add flavor to the bread like olives, tomato and herbs to add variety to the plan version above!