Raw Banana Bread
I first published this recipe in my book Raw Food 4 Kids its a yummy raw version of Banana Bread, that is perfect for kids after school snacks. Issy and I often have it for breakfast especially if were on the go!
You can also get this and over 100 other
yummy raw recipes in my book Raw Food 4 Kids
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 cup of raw almonds or almond pulp
- 1 cup of psyllium husk
- 1 cup of walnuts chopped finely
- 1/2 cup of ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon of mesquite powder
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan sea salt
- 1 cup of filtered water ( you may need to add a little more if the mixture is too dry)
- Mash bananas in a bowl and set aside.
- Process almonds in a food processor until flour like.
- Place flour and remaining dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Add mashed banana and remaining liquid ingredients mixing until dough like.
- Form two small loaf shapes and slice into bread slices and place into the dehydrator at 145F/46C for 1 hour then reduce temp to 115F/46C for 10-12 hours.
- Best stored in the fridge and will last 2-3 days.