Cherry Cheese Cake – xmas recipe
It’s Christmas time and my favourite bit about this time of year is that cherries are back in season! yummo so I have made my raw cheesecake! This is actually a recipe from my best selling book Raw Food 4 Kids – you can grab a copy with over 100 recipes that the whole family will enjoy as well as a complete introduction to raw food over at The Raw Food Store!
Merry Christmas! xxxx Sarah
- 2 cups of macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup of pitted dates soaked for 2 hours
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 3 cups of cashews soaked for 2 hours
- 1/2 cup of agave or coconut nectar
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 2 cups of cherries
- Base: Process macadamia nuts, dates and coconut using a food processor until crumb like, you can add a bit of water to help bind the base if needed.
- Press the mixture into a cake tin where the sides come apart from the base. Or if you want to get creative, you can use cookie cutter shapes to make mini cheesecakes, but make sure you line the sides with some coconut oil so the cheese cakes can be easily pushed through.
For the filling:
- Place all ingredients in a high powered blender like the Optimum Blender and blend until smooth.
- Remove pips from cheeries and push down into the filling mixture! Pour a little mixture on top so it is covered and top with freshly cut cherries!
- Place in the freezer for at least two hours to set.
- Place in the fridge to defrost and serve 🙂
Merry Christmas xx