Planning a Raw Food Party
Kid’s parties can be stressful! From the planning and deciding whether or not to invite the entire class to pulling an all-nighter to construct the perfect Dorothy the Dinosaur cake and stuffing all those lolly bags, it’s enough to make you want to throw it all in the too-hard basket even without worrying about whether all the kids will be happy to eat raw.
But there’s no need to stress! It’s super easy to stick to your family’s raw principles and keep the kids happy – just follow my simple raw party menus and you’ll have the party planned in no time, all while avoiding the red cordial and sugar monster aftermath!
- Starter – raw crackers and popcorn are tasty and nutritious bites for little fingers.
- Main – raw lasagne is a great one make the day before, not only do all the flavours mingle together and become even yummier but it’s one less thing to think about on the day.
- Dessert – mini orange and passionfruit cheesecakes are always a hit with the kids, they love anything miniature and they won’t even know they’re healthy.
- Party bags – what better way to end a party than with chocolate energy balls!
- Starter – swap the dreaded LCM bars with these caramel crunch bars for a low GI, nut-free sweet treat the kids will love.
- Main – zucchini wraps are a great way of getting the kids involved in the kitchen. Whip up a batch of the wraps before the party with a platter of veggies and let the kids go wild.
- Raw Pizza made with Fruit
- Dessert – strawberry ice cream is another great one to make ahead, just give it a bit of stir before dishing up.
- Party bags – gummies/jellies are a great chewy treat for the kids and provide an immunity boost to their systems.
These menus are a great starting point for planning any party but if you want to get creative with your cooking and planning there’s plenty more super easy, nutritious recipes on the blog to swap and switch it up with!