Where do I start if I want to Juice? This would have to be the most commonly asked questions in relation to juicing! So I thought I would answer some of them in the hope that it helps a lot of your questions!
- Why should I Juice?
- What Juicer should I buy?
- What do I Juice?
- What is a Cold Press Juicer
- What should I juice for kids?
Why Should I juice?
- Juicing is a great way to get your recommended veggie intake for the day. Juicing is not only a great way to increase your nutrient intake but it is also so much easier for your body to absorb all of the goodness.
- If you have kids that don’t like eating veggies! This is a great way to get some nutrition into your little ones! You can simple sneak some greens in with some yummy sweet fruits ( not too many of course )
- Juicing pre-digests fruits and vegetables for you allowing the nutrients to be absorbed much easier.
What juicer do I buy?
I personally recommend buying a Cold Press Juicer. Why?
What is a Cold Press Juicer?
Cold Press juicers are generally higher priced, but they extract more juice. You will find with a Cold Press Juicer that you get more juice extracted than you would a Centrifugal juicer, saving you money on vegetables in the long run. You will find that the pulp will be dry compared to the Centrifugal juicer where a lot of the pulp gets stuck in the machine and is damp – still full of nutritious juice.
So what is a Centrifugal Juicer
A Centrifugal are juicer is one that use a high-speed rotating blade to cut the fruits and vegetables. This action oxidizes ( heating the juice enzymes) the juice, this alters the nutrients left in the liquid you drink.
Centrifugal juicers are generally priced lower, but extract less juice from the pulp compared to Cold Press juicers
There are three Cold Press Juicers that I recommend.
These are the juicers which I have had first hand experience…
What to Juice?
- You can juice pretty much any fruit or vegetable
- A good starting point for beginners is 75% vegetable to 25% fruit.
- We always add greens into our juice.
Juicing For Kids
- At 9 months Issy was having Green Juice 2/3 water 1/4 juice.
- At 18 months Issy now has 1/2 Juice 1/2 Water.
- If you want to a really good book on juicing Baby Greens is the best book around for juicing for your little ones. You can purchase it at The Organic Mum Online Store
Juicing Recipes that the whole family will love
I also recommend juicing Organic Fruits and Vegetables.
- This is the yummiest juice ever! Carrot, Red Skinned Apple, Beetroot, Green Skin Apple and Lemon ( Kids love this one as it is sweet.
- Kale, Beetroot, Carrot, Celery, Apple
- Carrots, Apple, Ginger, Kale
- Spinach, Cucumber, Celery & Apple