Issy’s Kale Chips
If you cant get your kids to eat greens, then make some Kale Chips and watch them disappear! That is exactly what happens in this house little and big kids devour them!
So why is Kale good for you and your little ones? Head on over to the Essential Nutrients Page where you can find all the information on Kale and other foods.
But here are some quick facts. One cup of kale contains 36 calories, 5 grams of fiber, and 15% of the daily requirement of calcium and vitamin B6 (pyridoxine), 40% of magnesium, 180% of vitamin A, 200% of vitamin C, and 1,020% of vitamin K. It is also a good source of minerals copper, potassium, iron, manganese, and phosphorus, so to sum it up it is amazingly good for you and your little ones.
Issy’s delicious Kale Chips Recipe.
You will need a few bunches of delicious fresh Kale
Sauce for coating the Kale
- 1 and half cups of cashews
- squeeze of one lemon (Often when I have run out of lemon I squeeze and Orange)
- 1 tbs of Miso (you can use a good dash of Nama shoyu)
- pinch on salt
- 3/4 to 1 cup of water
Remove the leaves from the stems of the kale and tear up into small pieces.
- Place all your sauce ingredients in a high speed blender adding water until it is paste like.
- Simply massage the sauce into the Kale and place on your dehydrator sheets.
- Dehydrate for 6- 8 hours at 115C
- And then you have Beautiful Yummy Crunchy Raw Kale Chips that Issy cant get eat enough of, and the best thing is knowing how good it is for her!