Healthy Children Books & Links
There is so much information out there when it comes to Pregnancy and Babies and much of it is very conflicting. Listed below are links and information sources I recommend, you can also purchase some of these in The Raw Food Mum’s Store.
RAW FOOD 4 KIDS – Healthy Raw Food for Healthy Kids
With basic raw food techniques and tips, simple first raw food recipes, and tasty, nutritious meal ideas. Raw Food 4 Kids shows you how you can create all kinds of lip-smacking raw food. It includes yummy interpretations of conventional food, as well as new recipes and delicious raw treats that are healthy for kids and the whole family
- All Recipes are 100% Raw
- Extensive introduction on why raw food for kids.
- Raising a raw food family
- Juicing for kids
- Blending for kids
- Age related product and nutrient charts
- Over 100 recipes and ideas for including raw food into the families diet.
- From muesli bars and lettuce boats to perfect party treats, this is food that’s yummy and good for any size tummy.
- Combines the fun of cooking with a healthy food message.
Karen Ranzi guides you on the path to creating happy and healthy children, confident of their disease-free future. Rather than medicate your child’s diseases, infections, and learning difficulties, Karen’s unique and proven approach simply eliminates the causes of health and weight problems through the healthful raw food lifestyle. Karen also emphasizes fulfilling your child’s emotional needs by adhering to attachment parenting principles throughout the growing years. Visit her website here
Shazzie, the UK’s most famous raw foodist, wrote this book with a mother’s love for her daughter. She researched the content for four years with the passion that only a mother would feel about this topic. Painstakingly recording her daughter’s food intake, staying on top of the lastest finds in the world of raw and vegan foods, researching supplements, and finding answers when people told her she had no reason to search for answers: Shazzie goes beyond a typical nutritionist giving stats.
The typical Australia/American diet is a major factor in the epidemic of obesity and poor health in the country’s children. Baby Greens helps parents establish healthy eating habits in their children—and themselves—through a diet rich in raw foods. A lively mix of education, philosophy, recipes, and activities, the book adapts the living foods approach for all ages and lifestyles. The first part of the book explains the principles of bioenergetic nutrition and shows how cutting-edge nutritional practices—including nutritional individuality, pH balance, terrain testing, and homeopathy—can dramatically improve a child’s health. In addition to recipes and resources, the second part offers insights into the holistic approach to pregnancy, breastfeeding, extended breastfeeding, weaning, food experimentation, play, and other daily activities. Written in reassuring, easy to understand language, Baby Greens empowers parents to step outside the fast food box and take a proactive approach to maintaining their family’s health and well-being.
This Australian Best-Seller offers the most unique collation of cutting-edge information and knowledge on holistic parenting — all in the one book! It has the most comprehensive list of reasons why food should be introduced in a childs diet. This is one of the best books out there I highly recommend this book.
Both a guide to natural health and a cookbook, Rainbow Green Live-Food Cuisine features over 250 revolutionary vegan recipes from chefs at the Tree of Life Cafe, from Buttery Butternut Porridge to Raw-violis to Carob Coconut Cream Eclairs. Combining modern research on metabolism, ecological consciousness, and a rainbow of live foods, Dr. Cousens dishes up comprehensive, practical, and delectable solutions to the woes of the Western diet.
This book is not just for those with food allergies. It is for those of us who choose to eat healthily, perhaps to lose or maintain weight and for those who want to care for their bodies, starting from the inside. Each and every recipe in this book is Gluten, Dairy and Preservative free.
Pathways is the only family parent magazine I subscribe to it is a quarterly print and digital magazine whose non-profit mission is to support you and your family’s quest for wellness. Pathways to Family Wellness collaborates with consciousness leaders, cutting-edge scientists and researchers, families on their conscious path, holistic practitioners and dynamic nonprofit organizations to bring the most current insights into one very informative magazine.
- Ticklish – A fantastic book expoloring new Ways to Help Your Child Learn, Love & Play
- The Other Baby Book – A Natural Approach to Baby’s First Year
- Raising Vegetarian Children, by Jo Stepaniak
- Eating without Heating by Sergei and Valya Boutenko – raw recipe book from the Boutenko ‘kids’.
- Raw Living and Eat Smart, Eat Raw – both by Kate Magic, these raw recipe books are packed with practical recipes Kate used to raise her three boys.
- Raising Raw Children: Discover how you can increase the health of your child by eating more raw food By Ka Sundance, Katie Flint
- The ‘Anastasia’ Books by Vladimir Megre
- Mothering magazine.
- The Natural Child Project
People I love
- Natural New Age Mum
- Brenda Janschek
- Barefoot Kitchen
- Alexx Stuart
- Quirky Cooking (tmx)
- Lisa Curdoff
- Well Adjusted Babies
- Raw Divas
- The Natural Child Project
ARTICLES ON PREGNANCY
- Well Adjusted Babies.
- Well Rounded
- Calm Birth
- Revvel interviews Jinjee Talifero
- Revell interviews Shazzie
- Juno Magazine – all about natural parenting, raw foodie Kate Magic has contributed a great deal to this magazine.
- Pear Magazine – this an online raw food magazine, which often has articles about raw children or written by raw parents.
- Raw Vegan Children’ article by Shazzie
- Raising Raw Children’ article by Matt Monarch
- Raw Parenting’ interview with Shazzie on Natural News